Join your host Gary Pike in Almeria, Spain - fly into Murcia or Almeria. Murcia is about 1hr 25 mins from the resort and Almeria is just under 1hr.
This is our "Desert Classic" week, where you play in the desert conditions of Valle de Este, combined with 2 rounds at Desert Springs - here you will experience true "Arizona Style" golf. You'll see what great value we have for you here!
It is not one of our intensive coaching weeks - you can get time on the range with Gary at Valle del Este and he is available for remedial advice. Plus you have a short game school.
Each day there are friendly competitions and at the end of the week you have a finals day where you can win a coveted GTAT shirt + a £100 GTAT Voucher!
At Valle del Este they say it is spring all year round! The resort is on the east coast of Almeria and enjoys more than 3,000 hours of sun a year - more than any other territory in continental Europe. The area is pre-desert, with little rain and few windy days with low humidity. In winter the area has the longest daylight hours in Spain.
Stay in the 4* Valle del Este Hotel, near Vera. The hotel was built in 2004 and renovated in 2014. Half of the rooms face east and half west - so you have sunrise or sunset, plus a golf view! The Med is a few miles away, but can be seen from the terrace and a few holes. The hotel also has a spa.
Your package in the hotel includes Half Board.
The Valle del Este golf course conserves the pre-desert environment and is a memorable and challenging course to play. You have the contrast of the fairways against the desert sands and flora. Combine this with good practice facilities - it is no wonder Pro's from all of over Europe bring their clients here for coaching. It's the European base for teaching "Stack & Tilt".
We also take you for 2 rounds at the highly regarded Desert Springs course, which is inspired by the desert courses of Arizona. The emerald green fairways run alongside rocky outcrops, dry river beds and over 6000 cacti and other desert plants, with mountains behind framing the view.
This is what Ian Woosnam had to say about Desert Springs:
Ian Woosnam OBE
"Having last been here in 2004, the first thing I noticed was how mature the landscaping had become. It's a course that provides you with a test for every shot you have in your bag. The course is in immaculate condition with greens of equal quality to those we play our own tour events on. If you want to hone your game, immaterial of what standard of golfer you are, then this is the place to come!"
On the rest day you can explore the area and a visit to nearby Mojacar is highly recommended.
Arrive 25th September 2021 - Depart 2nd October 2021 - 7 nights and 5 rounds, Half Board - £789pp based on 2 sharing includes:
- Full services of Golf to a Tee host
- 7 nights Half Board at 4* Valle del Este Hotel, based on 2 sharing a standard room.
- Welcome and Farewell drinks
- Golf - 5 rounds. 3 x Valle de Este and 2 x Desert Springs
- Remedial coaching as required and a short game school
- Golf to a Tee prizes & daily competitions
- Financial Failure Insurance
The cost excludes:
- Return Murcia Airport and Desert Springs Transfers - Group Transfer package cost available, based on use of recommended flights - or similar timed flights.
- Return airport transfers + 2 x Desert Springs transfer package:
- Almeria arrivals £62pp
- Murcia arrivals £78pp
- Please discuss flight options and cost with us.
- Single supplement for £178pp for 7 nights' single occupancy of a twin room.
Based on a minimum group size of 7
This event is a mixed event. Solo golfers, groups and couples are welcomed. The challenge of the golf means the event is not for novice golfers
Only £100pp deposit to secure a space - call us soon!
Gary has played golf since the age of 8 and turned professional at 16. He has been personal coach to over 85 professional golfers on all the main tours.
In 2005 Gary was elected as an Advanced Member of the British Professional Golfers Association for his achievements in coaching.
For many years, Gary was Head Coach for the Essex County golf squads and presided over their success in winning the County Championships.
Gary has published over 250 articles on the golf swing and in 2000, Todays’ Golfer magazine recognised Gary as one of the UK’s top 40 coaches.
He is never short of a word of encouragement and loves to play golf with golfers of all levels. His friendly, relaxed coaching style immediately puts pupils at ease so they can enjoy the learning experience.
Gary’s vast experience and credentials also include:
- Senior Assistant Coach to Denis Pugh
- Sports Elite Academy Coach at Alhaurin, Spain (2008-2011)
- European Tour Coach to John Bevan & Dale Whitnell
- Ladies European Tour Coach to Vanessa Bell
- European Senior Tour Coach to John Hudson
- Euro Pro Tour, Jamega & TP Tours Coach to numerous players
- Long Term Personal Coach to Dale Whitnell (England No. 1 in 2009 & former Walker Cup Player)
- Guest speaker at the 2013 conference on coaching elite performance in junior golf
- Currently playing on the Senior Masters Tour & Senior Golf Circuit