Travel with Confidence
When you are ready to travel again we will be there to support you. If you are starting to think again about your booking or a new booking, we can give you peace of mind that we will take care of you and make your holiday as safe as possible.
You deal direct with the owners of GTAT, who will always be there to help you find the best fit holiday for you and help you with any changes.
If you join one of our Escorted or Coaching events one of our highly experienced team will be on hand to take care of everything.
Your money is safe with GTAT. It sits in a Trust Account until the completion of your holiday and we pre-pay all suppliers. So you are Fully Protected.
If we need to cancel your holiday we will offer you a replacement holiday and if that does not suit we will offer you a refund in 14 days.
We offer fair pricing and low deposits.
We have a Covid-19 Safety Protocol to give you confidence that our team and our suppliers will take care of your safety, throughout your stay.
Our clients give us 5* reviews.
Here is a list of the countries, https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-countries-and-territories-exempt-from-advice-against-all-but-essential-international-travel
For the latest updates please visit the Government’s dedicated Coronavirus travel advice page.
For full information relating to the Coronavirus outbreak please visit the Government website, Public Health England and the TravelHealthPro website.
All travellers receive a detailed and helpful Travel with Confidence document.
Travel with confidence – Golf to a Tee COVID 19 Guidance
As we look forward to emerging from the restrictions on travel imposed following the outbreak of COVID-19, and look forward to holidaying once more, we want you to feel safe and confident in doing so. The safety of you our clients, and our hosts, is our top priority.
Whilst the risk of contracting COVID-19 on your travels can never be completely eliminated, the risk of transmitting the virus can be significantly reduced with everyone being prepared to travel and extra precautions being put in place at each part of your journey. With this in mind, we hope the following guidance will be useful.
UK Government have applied a ‘Traffic Light’ system to travel outside of the UK. This means you will need to adhere to the rules relating to the country you are travelling to, and on your return to UK.
If you have been fully vaccinated in the UK or EU, this currently permits you quarantine free return to UK from both ‘Green’ and ‘Amber’ countries. However, there are requirements for COVID testing for most destinations. These requirements can change at each review carried out by UK Government every 3 weeks.
Check out the latest guidance and requirements to travel on the UK Gov website, the link is below
If the UK Government advises against all but essential travel to a destination, you should not travel there. Golf to a Tee will cancel holidays in destinations that carry this warning.
New regulations came into force from 1 January 2021 under Brexit legislation. On your day of travel, you'll need your passport to both:
• have at least 6 months left on it
• be less than 10 years old (even if it has 6 months or more left on it)
The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), remains valid for now.
However, it's more important than ever to make sure you have good travel insurance/healthcare cover before you go, particularly where you have any pre-existing medical conditions.
Also, before you set off on your travel, it is essential you have:
· Checked parking/travel to the airport arrangements have not been altered by the COVID-19 measures. Some airports have changed the opening of car parks and drop off facilities.
· Most UK airports will only allow passengers into the terminals.
· It is still a requirement on most airlines to wear face coverings in airport terminals and on airplanes. Check with your carrier before travel.
· Check in online before travel wherever possible and have contactless credit/debit card with you.
Once in the airport terminal:
· Follow all floor markings and signs in the terminal buildings and maintain social distancing at all times.
· Wash your hands regularly and use the hand sanitiser provided throughout the terminal and at the gates
· Some airports are conducting additional security checks of hand luggage in the terminal to prevent delays at main security. Make sure any liquids or gels do not exceed 100ml.
· Water fountains (where available) remain open and will be sanitised. An empty bottle to fill would be useful as food and drink on board may be limited.
· Continue to use face covering even through bag drop, security and at the gate.
· Follow the guidance of staff at the airport regarding boarding and baggage.
· Temperature checks are in evidence at most UK airports and will be in place in most European airports on arrival.
Once on the aircraft
· It is likely you will be required to wear a face covering throughout your flight
· Check with your airline for further guidance on your flight
Once on the transfer to the resort
· We have checked with all our transfer providers that they comply with the WHO guidance and have the regulatory measures in place and hold the “Clean & Safe” certification in Spain & Portugal (or national equivalent).
· All vehicles will be sanitised before and after use, hand sanitiser will be provided for customer use and the driver and passengers will be required to wear face coverings whilst travelling.
· Drivers will not shake hands or have physical contact with customers.
· GTAT will make every effort to ensure the largest vehicle possible is used to allow spacing within the vehicle.
We have been in contact with all our destinations to ensure they comply with WHO, local and international COVID-19 safety regulations.
The hotels and resorts may look a little different to normal due to extra spacing and safety measures in place. Examples are:
- Acrylic protection barriers in place at the reception desk
- Branded signs in place to measure social distancing whilst waiting for service
- Hourly cleaning of all desk and common utensils (pens, ATM, furniture)
- Cleaning of computer, keyboard and card terminal after every check in / check-out
- Hand sanitiser dispensers in place in all public areas
- Many hotels have removed buffet service, but where it remains you will not serve yourself.
- Restaurant tables will have fewer seats to reduce group sizes.
· The changes you should expect will be just as you have experienced playing golf in the UK but you will be guided by the course.
Our team of PGA Professionals will follow the PGA guidelines:
Your Escorted Holiday Hosts:
One of the benefits of travelling with a host is that you can relax, and they will take care of the organisation.
Your hosts are fully aware of the need to take care of your safety and of the need for the group to maintain social distancing during your holiday.
Fortunately, we play an outdoor sport. Where possible Welcome & Farewell meetings will be held outside.
Wherever possible post golf drinks and dining will be outside, but regardless of the inside or outside please help your host by maintaining social distancing.
As a back-up, your host will travel with a small supply additional face masks and sanitising gel.
General International Travel Advice
- For more general information for any overseas travel, you can check the latest FCO travel advice for further advice.
- Visit the FCO’s Travel Aware page which has guidance on staying safe abroad.
- We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance and that you have examined the terms and conditions carefully. Carry the policy number and insurance phone number on you while on holiday and leave a copy of the policy with a family member or friend.