Call England's Best Outbound Golf Tour Operator: englands best outbound golf tour operator 2020 winner shield gold 256   01789 552798

Brexit Latest Advice

After the United Kingdom leaves the European Union, British Citizens will need to prepare for potential changes in travel requirements when visiting countries within the European Union and the broader European Economic Area, in the case of a ‘ No Deal’ exit.


If you are the holder of a British passport, you may need to renew your passport.

On the day of travel, your passport will be required to have at least 6 months left before expiry and be less than 10 years old.

With the exception of visiting Ireland, if you do not renew you may not be able to travel.

The following Government web page provides information on passport validity for the country you are visiting:


After Brexit your personal European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) may no longer be valid. When visiting Europe, ensure you carry with you your travel insurance documents.


In order to drive in a number of European countries, you will require an International Driving Permit (IPD). The following web link will confirm what form of driving licence is required for each country visited. Applications can be processed at Post Office branches that offer an IPD service.

If you intend to drive to Europe in your car or a lease car, a ‘green card’ will be required from the car insurer for the period of travel. The car will also require a ‘GB’ sticker.


According to current European Commission proposals, you will not require a visa for short trips to European countries (up to 90 days in any 180 day period). Visas or permits may be required to stay for longer periods, or to work or study.

As each Country confirms its position on visa requirements, details will be published on each countries travel advice page at:

As the BREXIT process evolves, in particular in the case of a ‘Deal’ outcome and/or change to the exit date, this advice will be subject to change. If you have any other specific questions regarding travel to Europe, please contact Golf to a Tee directly.