Fly to Cape Town and join an escorted tour of some of the best golf in the Western Cape of South Africa, in warming summer temperatures. This event will be hosted by Terry and Stephanie Rawding.
Arrivals day is 26/1/20, after an overnight flight from the UK. Erinvale is 40mins from Cape Town International airport.
Many clients choose to arrive early to see Cape Town - we can accommodate you in Cape Town or elsewhere and we have a range of options and budgets. Let us arrange your Cape Town stay and we can collect you from your hotel rather than the airport on the morning of 26/1/20.
Others may want to precede their Cape Town week by joining our Sun City event starting on 20/1/20 or discuss with us other options such as arriving in Cape Town on "the most luxurious train in the world" with Rovos Rail.
You will quickly recover from your travels at relaxing Erinvale, which includes a Spa. This is a boutique hotel in the Erinvale estate in Somerset West, on the slopes of the Helderberg Mountains and surrounded by vineyards. The estate dates back to a Dutch farmstead in the 1700's and the Erinvale golf course, designed by Gary Player has hosted the World Cup of Golf.
Erinvale Hotel Erinvale Golf
There are only 57 rooms and all were refurbished in 2017. You can relax in the fountain courtyard, surrounded by thatched roof cottages. Or sit by either of the two pools or on the patio, which is the hub of Erinvale. Our clients adore the charm of Erinvale and the service on offer. Dining in is easy, with a choice of the pub menu or the fabulous 1707 menu, but do also let us take you out to dine in our favourite restaurants and wineries in the Somerset West and Stellenbosch areas!
There is time in the schedule for golf and for you to enjoy all of the attractions of Cape Town and the Western Cape or play additional golf! The golf courses are selected to allow you to see the Western Cape and the drives to/from golf, will in themselves be great sightseeing opportunities for golfers and non-golfers.
Only £200pp deposit to secure a space - call us soon!
- 26/01/20 - Arrival day. Transfers from Cape Town airport or your Cape Town hotel if booked with GTAT.
Join us for a Welcome drink and a Braai at Erinvale - included in your package.
- 27/01/20 - play Erinvale - includes shared buggies. Come out to dinner locally with us.
- 28/01/20 - play Milnerton - includes shared buggies. We eat at a winery on the journey back.
Play on a links course with one of the finest views of Table Mountain/Cape Town you can imagine. The course plays up to the Atlantic Ocean!
- 29/01/20 - Rest Day - an opportunity to relax in the sun or to visit Cape Town. For those staying locally, we will take you wine tasting - hopefully, by then Ernie Els winery with its trophy room, will be reopened following refurbishment - if not we have a fabulous substitute lined up!
We have tee times at Pearl Valley for those who want more golf!
- 30/01/20 - play Hermanus - includes shared buggies.
A great members course and we stop to see the Penguins at Betty's Bay on the way! We eat at our favourite restaurant in Hermanus before travelling home.
- 31/01/20 - play Erinvale - includes shared buggies. Come out to dinner locally with us.
- 01/02/20 - play De Zalze - includes shared buggies.
In the De Zalze Winelands estate and designed by Pete Matkovich the designer of Pinnacle Point and Leopard Rock.
Join our Farewell Dinner, includes wine with dinner.
- 02/02/20 - Departure day. Transfers to Cape Town or Cape Town Airport.
We anticipate many clients will stay on to join the Garden Route Tour and they will need to book 1 more night at Erinvale:
- 02/02/20 - bridge-night between the 2 tours for the GTAT host to rest and other clients to arrive, before we start our journey down the Garden Route on 03/02/20!
02/02/20 is another opportunity to visit Cape Town.
7 nights B&B at 4* Erinvale
GTAT 'Goody Bag' - including GTAT Luggage labels
2 dinners (Braai & Farewell) and wine included with Farewell Meal
Wine tasting visit
5 rounds of championship golf, including buggies. Erinvale x 2, Milnerton, Hermanus and De Zalze.
Daily Golf to a Tee prizes
Golfer package from £1,449pp
Based on 2 persons sharing a twin Courtyard Loft room - these rooms exude a rustic charm in a peaceful setting. Mostly housed in the rendered historic building, the majority of the Courtyard Loft rooms have high thatched roofs. No upgrade cost applies.
Non-Golfer price £1,109
Supplements apply for:
- Courtyard Luxury ground level - are situated on the ground floor of the hotel’s historic main building; many lead directly onto charming garden patios and overlook the courtyard. £33 per room per night.
- Garden Loft rooms - situated on the Northern side of the hotel property on the first floor of this wing, overlooking the garden and spa pool area. These face the majestic Helderberg Mountain and thus offers lovely mountain views. £19 per room per night.
Option 2 — stay early or longer in the Cape Town area
We can offer a choice of hotels. Stay on The Waterfront or let us recommend a less expensive 4* hotel away from the hustle and bustle of the Waterfront, but with free Waterfront transfers.
- Airport, wine tasting and golf transfers. Transfer package is available at £164pp for all golf and airport transfers. Non-Golfer transfer package £89pp.
- Supplementary transfer costs apply for rest day golf and Cape Town rest day transfers.
- Room upgrades
- Rest day golf at Pearl Valley - TBCpp + return transfer based on group of 8–10 £TBC = £TBCpp
- Single Supplements £58pp per night at Erinvale
- Additional nights B&B £85pp based on 2 sharing
Solo golfers, groups and couples and non-golfers are welcomed.
This is what some of our South African regular travellers had to say about South Africa Golf Holidays with Golf to a Tee ....
"I just love going to South Africa ... the scenery, hotels, service, wine, great food, then there are the spectacular golf courses ... I just can't stop going back! When you add in the lovely GTAT clients, plus the care & superb organisation from GTAT - it's simply the best golf holiday you could wish for". Iain S
"Terry & Stephanie add so much to the holiday - the evenings are as important as the golf! How did they find all of these wonderful restaurants & great prices! Then there is the Erinvale hotel, the base for the Cape Town tour, I challenge anyone to find a more welcoming & relaxing hotel" Deborah B
"For me it's such a tonic to leave the UK winter to head off each January/February to South Africa with GTAT. I've been everywhere with them, but their South Africa Golf Holidays are simply the best! The Erinvale & Fancourt hotels are like second homes!". Mike H
"The GTAT schedules have a good mix of golf & time for relaxation & sightseeing - there is so much you will want to do & to see in South Africa. You can arrive early to spend time in Cape Town or stay on after the Garden Route to stay at a Game Reserve & lots more! A tour of South Africa is the most memorable holiday." Alison L