August 2020 ...
Firstly some good news - well done Andy Sullivan in winning or running away with the English Open at Hanbury Manor. Andy has kindly supported GTAT charity golf days over the years and we always look out for his results.
For many reasons, none of us will forget the last few months and we hope you and your families are safe and well.
The first few weeks of lockdown were a blur for us! We had to rearrange 3 months of bookings in just a few weeks and since then we have re-arranged all non UK holidays up to the end of September.
We all love travel and some must be getting "itchy feet", but travel abroad is very much a moving feast and as we write - Spain is "out of bounds", Portugal may be re-classified as safe, but Turkey looks good for our events in October and November.
If we can travel to Portugal in October then we will have some spaces for the Adam and Gary groups at Praia De'l Rey, plus there are spaces at our 3 Turkey events.
We were all set for the paradise island of Mauritius in November, but are now asessing the impact of an oil spillage.
This makes planning travel difficult for all of us and we appreciate many of you will not travel abroad for a while. When you do we will be there for you, many other travel companies will not as they have disappeared.
We are also highly solvent, largely due to our past financial prudence. We have been able to give cash refunds to everyone who had to have a holiday cancelled by us, due to Covid 19. But we really appreciate that most clients were very happy to take the view thay had a holiday with GTAT and were happy to have their holidays moved 12 months forward.
Sadly many golf travel companies were not able to refund clients and you can see reviews by many of their disgruntled clients on line. We really wish the industry would return to its past way of trading - a model we operate; which is to hold clients funds until the completion of the holiday and use our own past profits to pre pay suppliers. That way the clients money is always there. Yes have Bonds or FFI as a last resort, but no well run travel company should go insolvent - sorry we will get off our "high horse", but we feel strongly about this.
We will continue to book Escorted and Coaching holidays into 2021 - so a range of options are there for you, when you are confident to travel. And we are adding more UK events for those that prefer to stay in the UK.
What can you do for us?
- Make reservations - otherwise there is little point in us working as hard as we are! If you change your mind we will move your deposit so you can use it again in the future. As important, we want to support our Escorted and Coaching hosts - some of who could go 12 months without an event.
- Tell your friends about GTAT and get them to register for our Newsletter. Just click this link.
- Vote for us in the World Golf Awards - decided in November 2021. Just click this link or the logo at the top of the page. We are proud to be nominated in the category of "Englands Best Golf Tour Operator"
- Leave us a Google Review - we only have 5 star reviews!
This is how to leave a Google Review:
- Open your internet browser.
- Log into your Google Account
- Next, search for Golf to a Tee on Google
- Scroll down until you see the Write a Review button on the bottom right side of the screen (directly to the right of the Reviews section, next to the Add a photo button).
- Click Write a Review.
- A box titled Rate and Review will pop up. You will be given the option to select a certain number of stars for the company and write out details of your experience(s).
- Click Post after selecting a star rating (leaving a description is optional).
Terry & Stephanie