In 2022 we have 2 Escorted Golf Tours of South Africa - prices are flinalised in Jan 2021:
Cape Town Tour:
- Our Cape Town Tour begins 16/01/22 - 8 nights at the most relaxing 4* Erinvale Boutique Hotel near Cape Town. We can book you time in Cape Town prior to or after this event. Finishes 24/01/22.
Garden Route Tour:
- Bridge night 24/01/22 at Erinvale, relax and be ready to join the Garden Route Tour.
- From 25/01/22 - 9 nights travelling the stunning Garden Route ending on 03/02/22.
- Follow this with the option of 2 nights of 5* Game Reserve experience at Botlierskop.
So much to choose from? We can explain how any of these Escorted events can be combined or booked individually and the travel plans required. If you are interested then do talk to us soon, as these events always fill up quickly.
Cape Town Escorted Tour details:
Fly to Cape Town and join an Escorted tour of some of the best golf in the Western Cape of South Africa, in warming summer temperatures. This event will be hosted by Terry and Stephanie Rawding.
For the 7th year Cape Town has been voted Best City in the World in The Telegraph Awards, our clients are the best judges, and many join us every January.
Arrivals day is 16/01/22, after an overnight flight from the UK - Erinvale is 40mins from Cape Town International airport. Or you may have joined from our Durban Escorted Tour.
Many clients choose to arrive early to see Cape Town - we can accommodate you in the heart of Cape Town and we have a range of options and budgets. From a stay at The Waterfront, to a better value option a mile or so away, with free Waterfront transfers.
Let us arrange your Cape Town hotel and we can collect you from your hotel, rather than the airport on the morning of 16/01/22. Or you can arrive earlier at Erinvale, prior to the tour.
We can even arrange for you to arrive in Cape Town on "the most luxurious train in the world", with Rovos Rail - we have a perfect 2-night journey from Pretoria.
You will quickly recover from your travels at relaxing Erinvale, which includes a Spa. This is a boutique hotel in the Erinvale estate in Somerset West, on the slopes of the Helderberg Mountains and surrounded by vineyards. The estate dates back to a Dutch farmstead in the 1700's and the Erinvale golf course, designed by Gary Player has hosted the World Cup of Golf. This year we have added an extra night at Erinvale to make the most relaxing 8-night stay.
Erinvale Hotel Erinvale Golf
There are only 57 rooms, and all were refurbished in 2017. You can relax in the fountain courtyard, surrounded by thatched roof cottages. Or sit by either of the two pools or on the patio, which is the hub of Erinvale. Our clients adore the charm of Erinvale and the service on offer. Dining in is easy, with a choice of 3 menus, but do also let us take you out to dine in our favourite restaurants and wineries in the Somerset West and Stellenbosch areas!
There is time in the schedule for you play spectacular golf couses and for you to enjoy all of the attractions of Cape Town and the Western Cape or play additional golf! The golf courses are selected to allow you to see the Western Cape and the drives to/from golf, will in themselves be great sightseeing opportunities for golfers and non-golfers.
Coutyard Loft room Courtyard room
- 16/01/22 - Arrival day. Transfers from Cape Town airport or your Cape Town hotel if the hotel is booked with GTAT.
Join us for a Welcome drink and a Braai at Erinvale on the lawn - included in your package.
- 17/01/22 - play Erinvale - includes shared buggies. Come out to dinner locally with us.
- 18/01/22 - play De Zalze - includes shared buggies. In the De Zalze Winelands estate and designed by Pete Matkovich the designer of Pinnacle Point. Come out to dinner locally with us at a wine farm.
- 19/01/22 - Rest Day - an opportunity to relax in the sun or to visit Cape Town. For those staying locally, we will take you wine tasting - hopefully, by then Ernie Els winery with its trophy room, will be reopened following refurbishment - if not we have a fabulous substitute lined up!
Or play Milnerton Links course north of Cape Town with one of the finest views of Table Mountain/Cape Town you can imagine. The course plays up to the Atlantic Ocean!
- 20/01/22 - play Arabella - includes shared buggies.
A superb course playing alongside a lagoon and we stop to see the Penguins at Betty's Bay on the way to golf! We might eat at our favourite restaurant in Hermanus before travelling home.
- 21/01/22 - play Erinvale - includes shared buggies. Come out to dinner locally with us.
- 22/01/22 - Rest Day - an opportunity to relax in the sun or to visit Cape Town.
We have tee times at Pearl Valley for those who want more golf.
- 23/01/22 - play Erinvale - includes shared buggies. Join our Farewell Dinner with wine, included in your package.
- 24/01/22 - Departure day. Transfers to Cape Town or Cape Town Airport.
We anticipate many clients will stay on to join the Garden Route Tour and they will need to book 1 more night at Erinvale:
- 24/01/22 - bridge-night between the 2 tours for the GTAT hosts to rest and other clients to arrive, before we start our journey down the Garden Route on 25/01/22!
For those staying on, 24/01/22 is another opportunity to visit Cape Town or lovely towns such as Franschhoek
8 nights B&B at 4* Erinvale
GTAT 'Goody Bag' - gifts from GTAT and Cape Town Tourism + bonus wine tasting & more!
2 dinners (Braai & Farewell) and wine included with the Farewell Meal
Wine tasting visit
5 rounds of championship golf, including buggies. Erinvale x 3, Arabella and De Zalze.
Daily Golf to a Tee Prizes
Financial Failure Insurance
- GTAT covers tips to load vehicles, Caddy Masters etc
Golfer package from £1,659pp
Based on 2 persons sharing a twin Courtyard Loft room - these rooms exude a rustic charm in a peaceful setting. Mostly housed in the rendered historic building, the majority of the Courtyard Loft rooms have high thatched roofs. No upgrade cost applies.
Non-Golfer price £1,209pp
Supplements apply for:
- Courtyard Luxury ground level - are situated on the ground floor of the hotel’s historic main building; many lead directly onto charming garden patios and overlook the courtyard. £49 per room per night.
- Garden Loft rooms - situated on the Northern side of the hotel property on the first floor of this wing, overlooking the garden and spa pool area. These face the majestic Helderberg Mountain and thus offers lovely mountain views. £29 per room per night.
Option 2 — stay early or longer in the Cape Town area
We can offer a choice of hotels. Stay on The Waterfront or let us recommend a less expensive 4* hotel away from the hustle and bustle of the Waterfront, but with free Waterfront transfers.
- Transfer package is available at £184pp for all golf, winery and airport transfers - provided you use recommended group flights (supplements apply to private airport transfers). Non-Golfer transfer package £129pp.
- Supplementary transfer costs apply for rest day golf and Cape Town rest day transfers.
- Room upgrades
- Rest days golf at Milnerton and Pearl Valley - cost to be confirmed when group size is known.
- Single Supplements £59pp per night at Erinvale
- Additional nights B&B £89pp based on 2 sharing
Solo golfers, groups and couples and non-golfers are welcomed. Group size 16-20 golfers.
Only £200pp deposit to secure a space - call us soon!
This is what some of our South African regular travellers had to say about South Africa Golf Holidays with Golf to a Tee ....
"I just love going to South Africa ... the scenery, hotels, service, wine, great food, then there are the spectacular golf courses ... I just can't stop going back! When you add in the lovely GTAT clients, plus the care & superb organisation from GTAT - it's simply the best golf holiday you could wish for". Iain S
"Terry & Stephanie add so much to the holiday - the evenings are as important as the golf! How did they find all of these wonderful restaurants & great prices! Then there is the Erinvale hotel, the base for the Cape Town tour, I challenge anyone to find a more welcoming & relaxing hotel" Deborah B
"For me it's such a tonic to leave the UK winter to head off each January/February to South Africa with GTAT. I've been everywhere with them, but their South Africa Golf Holidays are simply the best! The Erinvale & Fancourt hotels are like second homes!". Mike H
"The GTAT schedules have a good mix of golf & time for relaxation & sightseeing - there is so much you will want to do & to see in South Africa. You can arrive early to spend time in Cape Town or stay on after the Garden Route to stay at a Game Reserve & lots more! A tour of South Africa is the most memorable holiday." Alison L