In 2021 we have 3 Escorted Golf Tours of South Africa:
- Starting in Durban + Zulu Battlefields Tour option.
- This week is hosted by Adavanced PGA Professional Gary Pike - available for remedial game advice and you play a round with Gary.
- From 10/01/21 our Durban Tour, with 7 nights in 5* Zimbali Fairmont Resort hotel Durban - 4 rounds including Durban Golf & Country Club. Finishes 17/01/21.
Cape Town Tour:
- 16/01/21 for those arriving early.
- Our Cape Town Tour begins 17/01/21 - 8 nights at the most relaxing 4* Erinvale Boutique Hotel near Cape Town. We can book you time in Cape Town prior to or after this event. Finishes 25/01/21.
Garden Route Tour:
- Bridge night 25/01/21 at Erinvale, relax and be ready to join the Garden Route Tour.
- From 26/01/21 - 9 nights travelling the stunning Garden Route ending on 04/02/21.
- Follow this with the option of 2 nights of 5* Game Reserve experience at Botlierskop.
So much to choose from? We can explain how any of these Escorted events can be combined or booked individually and the travel plans required. If you are interested then do talk to us soon, as these events always fill up quickly.
Durban Tour Package Details:
Fly to Durban and join an escorted tour with Gary Pike, of some of the best golf in South Africa, in temperatures around 30 degrees. Durban is the 3rd largest city in the country and in the region of KwaZula-Natal – an interesting mix of Africa, India and the Kingdom of the Zulus. It has a warm sub-tropical climate and extensive beaches. It's a few years since Gary has hosted an event at Zimbali and he looks forward to playing golf in Durban again.
A 25-minute transfer from Durban King Shaka airport takes you to the impressive resort of Zimbali, where you stay in the in the 5* Fairmont Zimbali for 7 nights. Zimbali, means “the place of flowers’ and it is a beautiful and relaxing resort, with a spectacular golf course.
Your Durban tour has a follow on arrival option to join a Zula Battlefields Tour – see the Option below.
Zimbali golf course was designed by Tom Weiskopf and laid out in a costal forest with many changes in elevation, through forests and wetlands. You will not forget the views!
We also take you out to play Durban Golf & Country Club – in many lists the top-rated course in South Africa and in the World’s Top 100. Many do regard the first 5 holds as the best start to a course. It’s got to be good having hosted the SA Open a record 16 times!
Durban Golf & CC
Zimbali is 20 minutes from Umhlangha and here you will find one of the world’s finest hotels The Oyster Box with its iconic view of the lighthouse – we have included in the package is a meal at the hotel restaurant, allowing you to enjoy a Durban curry.
Zimbali Beach Club
Three of your nights at Zimbali include dinner, on the other nights you have a choice of dining options on resort or let us take you out to dine. Your Oyster Box night is in the package.
Zimbali an elegant resort with dramatic Indian Ocean views on South Africa’s Dolphin Coast and just made for relaxation. You can walk down to Zimbali Beach to watch the waves come in and enjoy the resort’s facilities - with five pools to lounge by, an 18-hole golf course at the Zimbali Country Club and the Willow Stream Spa where guests can relax in the steam room and unwind with a massage in one of the eight treatment rooms.
There are eight restaurants and bars to choose from on the resort, including OSA which serves Indian cuisine and Bite Pool Bar and Grill for lunches and cocktails by the pool. The resort is just a five-minute drive away from the shops and restaurants of beach town Ballito where the waters are calmer for swimming and there are frequent sightings of bottlenose dolphins.
Rooms and suites are warmly decorated with contemporary African designs and have views of the pools, garden or Indian Ocean. Most rooms and suites are open plan, featuring king-size beds and sliding doors that lead to an en suite furnished with luxurious Le Labo toiletries.
Arrivals day for the Durban tour is 10/01/21 after an overnight flight from the UK.
The Durban tour, would perfectly suit a non-golfer, accompanying a golfer and lots of additional sightseeing opportunities can be made available for non-golfers.
Chat to us if you would like to arrive earlier for some time in Durban centre – for example down on the beach. Or stay on after the tour to join the Zula Battlefields tour - see Option 2.
- 10/01/21 - Arrival day. Transfers from King Shaka airport to 5* Fairmont Zimbali. Dine at Zimbali – included in your package.
- 11/01/21 - play spectacular Zimbali - includes shared buggies.
- 12/01/21 - play highly rated Durban Golf & Country Club - includes shared buggies.
Dine at The Oyster Box – included in your package.
- 13/01/21 – rest day or see Durban area.
Or join us for supplementary golf at Prince’s Grant – a Pete Matkovich design (of Pinnacle Point fame) and with spectacular views – 9 of the holes have been closed in 2020 for redesign of the greens.
- 14/01/21 - play spectacular Zimbali - includes shared buggies.
Dine at Zimbali – included in your package.
- 15/01/21 – rest day or see Durban area. Or play more golf!
- 16/01/21 - play spectacular Zimbali - includes shared buggies.
Dine at Zimbali – included in your package.
- 17/01/21- Departure day. Transfers to Durban King Shaka Airport.
Option 1 - Arrival 10/01/21 and Departure 17/01/21. includes:
- Golf to a Tee host - Advanced Golf Professional Gary Pike - available for remedial game advice and you play a round with Gary.
- 7 nights B&B at 5* Fairmont Zimbali in Deluxe King rooms
- Includes 4 rounds of Championship golf, including buggies Play – Zimbali x 3 and Durban Golf & CC x 1.
With option of playing Prince’s Grant on rest day.
- 3 buffet dinners in Coral Restaurant Zimbali (excluding drinks) and a buffet curry at world famous Oyster Box Hotel (excluding drinks).
- Zimbali resort golf transfers.
- Golf to a Tee competitions and prizes.
- Financial Failure Insurance.
- GTAT covers tips to load vehicles, caddymasters etc.
Golfer package from £1,498pp based on 2 persons sharing a twin room.
Non-Golfer price - please discuss as we can produce a package to replace golf with Spa treatments.
Supplements apply for room upgrades.
Additional nights at Zimbali B&B £149pp, based on 2 sharing.
Only £200pp deposit to secure a space - call us soon!
- Airport and golf transfers, plus Oyster Box transfers. A transfer package cost of £104pp.
- Supplementary transfer costs apply for rest day options.
- Room upgrades
- Supplementary golf at Prince’s Grant - including shared buggies £70 - includes return transfers based on a group of 4 or more.
- Single supplement £72pp per night
Solo golfers, groups and couples and non-golfers are welcomed.
Option 2, subject to availability.
Zulu Battlefields Tour
(This tour has been undertaken by GTAT)
Our partners Ilios will take you on the 4 1/2 journey, with stops to Fugitives' Drift.
You will stay at the highly rated 5* Fugitives' Drift Lodge. Located on a National Heritage site, this award winning lodge is perfectly placed for exploring Kwazulu-Natal's 19th century Anglo-Zulu battlefields sites as part of professionally guided tours.
The Lodge is the most luxurious of the accommodation options; each spacious room has an en-suite bathroom with both inside and outside showers, air-conditioning, a mini-fridge, and a veranda with views of the plains flanking the Buffalo River Gorge.
Enjoy superb cuisine, taken communally in the large dining room or – weather permitting – out on the deck. There is also a sparkling swimming pool, with fantastic views out over Isandlwana and Rorkes’ Drift.
The Harford Library, with its stunning panorama out onto the Buffalo River Gorge, is located in the Lodge grounds. Lunch is sometimes taken at the library; it is also a good spot to read a book or relax with a cup of tea.
Another feature of the Lodge is the Fugitives’ Drift Museum, which contains a selection of pictures, newspapers, newspaper cuttings, woodcuts, and original artefacts collected by and donated to the Rattray family over the years. Items in the museum range from Stone Age tools and locally forged iron implements found on the property, to relics of the battlefields found over the years.
TWO NIGHT STAY
Afternoon of arrival - lunch is available from 1pm. Settle in take part in the Rorke's Drift tour, departing at 3pm.
Day 1: Morning – tour to Isandlwana. Depart after an early breakfast and return in time for lunch at 1pm.
Day 1: Afternoon – tea at 3:30pm, followed by a walk to see the site where Lieutenants Melvill and Coghill lost their lives in an attempt to save the Queen’s Colour, earning the first two posthumous Victoria Crosses ever awarded.
Day 2: Morning – departure; perhaps a nature walk beforehand. Nature walks can be done with or without a guide. Depart for Durban.
Option 2 costs:
- 2 nights Full Board at 5* Fugitives' Drift Lodge
- Tours as described with transport and guides
- Includes return Ilios transfers from Durban King Shaka Airport
- Financial Failure Insurance.
A cost of £899pp based on 2 sharing a twin room. This price is based on an unaccompanied group of 4.
Option 2 can be a 3 night tour. The options will be discussed with the group interested.
See a video of Fugitives' Drift Lodge.Click the link below to see more:
Douglas Rattray of Fugitives' Drift. Click the link below to see more:
This is what some of our South African regular travellers had to say about South Africa Golf Holidays with Golf to a Tee ....
"I just love going to South Africa ... the scenery, hotels, service, wine, great food, then there are the spectacular golf courses ... I just can't stop going back! When you add in the lovely GTAT clients, plus the care & superb organisation from GTAT - it's simply the best golf holiday you could wish for". Iain S
"Terry & Stephanie add so much to the holiday - the evenings are as important as the golf! How did they find all of these wonderful restaurants & great prices! Then there is the Erinvale hotel, the base for the Cape Town tour, I challenge anyone to find a more welcoming & relaxing hotel" Deborah B
"For me it's such a tonic to leave the UK winter to head off each January/February to South Africa with GTAT. I've been everywhere with them, but their South Africa Golf Holidays are simply the best! The Erinvale & Fancourt hotels are like second homes!". Mike H
"The GTAT schedules have a good mix of golf & time for relaxation & sightseeing - there is so much you will want to do & to see in South Africa. You can arrive early to spend time in Cape Town or stay on after the Garden Route to stay at a Game Reserve & lots more! A tour of South Africa is the most memorable holiday." Alison L