In 2021 we have 3 Escorted Golf Tours of South Africa:
- Starting in Durban + Zulu Battlefields Tour option.
- This week is hosted by Adavanced PGA Professional Gary Pike - available for remedial game advice and you play a round with Gary.
- From 10/01/21 our Durban Tour, with & nights in 5* Zimbali Fairmont Resort hotel Durban - 4 rounds including Durban Golf & Country Club. Finishes 17/01/21.
Cape Town Tour:
- 16/01/21 for those arriving early.
- Our Cape Town Tour begins 17/01/21 - 8 nights at the most relaxing 4* Erinvale Boutique Hotel near Cape Town. We can book you time in Cape Town prior to or after this event. Finishes 25/01/21.
Garden Route Tour:
- Bridge night 25/01/21 at Erinvale, relax and be ready to join the Garden Route Tour.
- From 26/01/21 - 9 nights travelling the stunning Garden Route ending on 04/02/21.
- Follow this with the option of 2 nights of 5* Game Reserve experience at Botlierskop.
So much to choose from? We can explain how any of these Escorted events can be combined or booked individually and the travel plans required. If you are interested then do talk to us soon, as these events always fill up quickly.
Garden Route Package Details:
Fly to Cape Town and join an escorted tour of some of the best golf on the Garden Route of South Africa, in warming summer temperatures.
Many will have joined us after our Durban or our Cape Town Tours prior to the 9-night Garden Route tour. This has been extended in 2021 after the incredible feedback we had about the switch to staying in the 5* suites at Simola – so we are giving you even more time here in 2021and another round of golf, but only increased the price by £95pp sharing!
Our Garden Route tour will take you from Cape Town to Knysna and will be hosted by Terry and Stephanie Rawding.
The return departure day transfer will take you to Cape Town airport or some may choose to fly back from George airport - please discuss the options with us.
After the golf tour, some may decide to stay an additional 2 nights at Botlierskop Game Reserve for a memorable experience and we can organise the necessary short transfers from George Airport for you. Some then take the opportunity to have more stops on the way back to Cape Town - just ask us to describe the options available to you.
Arrivals day for the Garden Route tour is 26/01/21, after an overnight flight from the UK - do consider arriving early for a restful start to your Garden Route travels.
The Garden Route Tour, moving locations and with a driver for the week with us, would perfectly suit a non-golfer, accompanying a golfer and lots of additional sightseeing opportunities can be made available for non-golfers.
Early Arrival Option
If you prefer to arrive a night early to recover from your travels then Erinvale Hotel, which includes a Spa, will be the perfect resting place for you. We have reserved rooms on 25/01/21 for those joining both tours and for early arrivals for the Garden Route Tour. This is a boutique hotel in the Erinvale estate in Somerset West, on the slopes of the Helderberg Mountains and surrounded by vineyards. The estate dates back to a Dutch farmstead in the 1700's and the Erinvale golf course, designed by Gary Player, has hosted the World Cup of Golf.
26/01/21 Arrival Option
If you choose to arrive on day 1 for the Garden Route Tour (we need you to be on a very early arrival flight), we will collect you from Cape Town airport and call at Erinvale to join the Group transport, before the coach sets off to Garden Court Hotel, Nr. Mossel Bay. The journey from Erinvale will take about 4 1/2 hrs, but we will break it with a lunch stop at the Old Mill in Swellendam - the 3rd oldest town in South Africa.
The night of 26/01/21 is booked at The Garden Court Hotel - a location chosen because of its proximity to the fabulous Pinnacle Point golf course. The hotel is a modern 3* accommodation, with a casino, bars and a restaurant attached. We organise dinner for you at Pinnacle Point on 03/02/20 - be prepared for the finest golf views you will ever see!
On 27/01/21 we give you one of the highlights of your tour, when you play Pinnacle Point. This has to be one of the world's most spectacular golf courses with stunning views and challenges on every hole. Darren Clarke described it as 'the best golf course on the planet'. Shared buggies are included.
After golf on 27/01/21 you move onto 5* Fancourt Resort in George and stay 3 nights here. Fancourt has been voted the World's Best Golf Resort by IAGTO. Here, dinner on the arrival night is included in your package as is playing 2 rounds on Montagu (rated 2nd best course in the Western Cape) and Outeniqua (rated 8th best course in the Western Cape). If you prefer you could upgrade one of these rounds to Fancourt Links (rated 1st) - a max handicap of 16 applies to the Links and you must walk. Shared buggies are included for 2 rounds of golf in your package, along with a half-way house lunch.
Non-Golfers can have 2 x Spa treatments in place of golf.
Fancourt is one of the finest golf resorts in the world, with an exceptional mix of classic elegance and modern luxury - it only has 115 rooms. Your room will be one of the Classic Rooms, but we can upgrade you to stay in luxury suites or even the exclusive Manor House - including your own butler! During your time at Fancourt we will organise at least 1 night to dine out in George. Fancourt (owned by the creator of SAP software) has all of the leisure facilities you would expect from a 5* facility.
Fancourt Classic Fancourt Suite
On 30/01/21 we move onto to Knysna, a 50 minute journey, with spectacular views on the way - we stop en-route at a great golf shop and then a refreshments stop which allows you to paddle in the Indian Ocean!
For those of you looking for more golf on the travel day, this can be arranged for you. For others we can arrange for you to visit an Elephant Reserve later that afternoon – this is a highlight for many!
You will stay 5 nights at 5* Simola hotel with a spectacular view of Knysna, looking over the lagoon and out to 'The Heads'. The hotel is complete with all of the 5* comforts you would expect. You will stay in one of Simola's spacious suites.
You will play 2 rounds at Simola, a Jack Nicklaus Signature course - shared buggies and halfway house lunch are included. From here you have spectacular views of the River, the Lagoon at Knysna and 'The Heads'. You can also play the 5* Pezula Championship course as a supplementary round - with equally special views of Knysna and the Lagoon - again shared buggies are included. Or take a rest day - on which we can recommend a number of options from beach walks to boat rides.
On 01/02/21 we are going to take you back to George to play the highly rated members course, again buggies are included.
A Farwell Meal, with wine is included in your package at Simola.
On 04/02/21 we can transfer you to George airport or Cape town for onward flights. The Cape Town journey is 5hr transfer, with opportunities for stops.
Or continue your adventures in the Mossel Bay area, with 2 nights at Botlierskop Private Game Reserve where we have just 5 Luxury Tents reserved for 2 nights - see the Option below!
Only £200pp deposit to secure a space - call us soon!
- 26/01/21 - Arrival day. Transfers from Cape Town airport to Garden Court via Erinvale at Somerset West and Swellendam. Stay 3* Garden Court, next door to Pinnacle Point.
- 27/01/21 - play spectacular Pinnacle Point - includes shared buggies. Stay 5* Fancourt Hotel, near George. Dinner included at La Cantina, Fancourt.
- 28/01/21 - play Montagu, Fancourt - includes shared buggies. Stay 5* Fancourt Hotel, near George. Choose from 5 different restaurants at Fancourt.
- 29/01/21 - play Outeniqua, Fancourt - includes shared buggies. We will give you the opportunity to dine out in George.
- 30/01/21 - travel to Knysna – a spectacular drive through The Wilderness area and a stop at The Indian Ocean! In the afternoon explore Knysna Waterfront or play supplementary golf or rest by the pool. Many will book the supplementary visit to an Elephant Reserve. Stay 5* Simola Hotel, Knysna.
- 31/01/21 - play Simola - includes shared buggies and halfway house lunch. Stay 5* Simola Hotel, Knysna Quay. We will give you the opportunity to dine out in Knysna.
- 01/02/21 – We play George members club - do look out for the monkeys! Includes shared buggies. Stay 5* Simola Hotel, Knysna. We will give you the opportunity to dine out in Knysna.
- 02/02/21 – a rest day. We have lots of suggestions for you in terms of exploring the area, or just relax by the infinity pool and enjoy one of the best views you will ever see! For those wanting more golf we have tee times at Pezula, with buggies.
- 03/02/21 - play Simola - includes shared buggies and halfway house lunch. Stay 5* Simola Hotel, Knysna. Includes Farewell Meal, with wine.
- 04/02/21 - Departure day. Transfers to George Airport or Cape Town International Airport. Botlierskop transfers are collected from George Airport.
- Golf to a Tee hosts
- 9 nights B&B in 3 hotels - see itinerary above. 2 of the hotels are 5*.
- Includes 6 rounds of Championship golf, including buggies Play - Pinnacle Point, Fancourt x 2 courses, Simola x 2 and George. With more playing opportunities on rest days.
- Arrival Fancourt Meal (excluding drinks) and Farewell Simola Meal, including wine.
- Daily Golf to a Tee Competitions & Prizes
- Financial Failure Insurance
- GTAT covers tips to load vehicles, Caddy Masters etc.
Golfer package from £1,789pp
Based on 2 persons sharing a twin room.
Please note: we have only a couple of classic rooms available at Fancourt, once sold the rooms on offer are 1-bedroom suites.
Supplements apply for room upgrades:
- Upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite at Fancourt = £68pp per night, based on 2 sharing.
Non-Golfer price £1,529pp - includes 2 x Spa Treatments at Fancourt in place of the 2 x Golf Rounds, based on 2 sharing.
Option 2 — from 04/02/21 stay 2 nights at Botlierskop Game Reserve, near Mossel Bay. Depart 06/02/21.
A package cost of £669pp.
Based on 2 persons sharing a twin Luxury Tent
We have 5 twin room tents reserved.
The cost includes:
- Day 1: Arrival drink, Lunch, Game Drive and Dinner
- Day 2: Game Drive (3hr), Breakfast, Lunch, Game Drive (3hr), Dinner
- Day 3: Game drive (3hr) or Horseback Safari (1 or 2hr), Breakfast
Includes Beverages on Game Drives only
The Botlierskop Reserve is located in the Outeniqua Mountains and covers 4000 hectares. This malaria free, family run reserve is home to an abundance of animals, including 4 of the 'Big 5'; lions, elephants, buffalo, giraffe, rhino, hippo, rare black impalas as well as unique bird life.
At the Reserve there are 2 swimming pools, tennis courts and a Spa.
- Airport and golf transfers.
Group Transfer package £259pp. Normally our driver will stay in the area and this cost includes the driver's accommodation for one week. Small supplements apply for any evening dinner transfers.
- Supplementary transfer costs apply for rest day options and from George Airport to Botlierskop and travels beyond.
- Room upgrades - vary by hotel.
- Supplementary golf at Pezula Golf Club - including shared buggies £89pp + £34pp return transfers, based on group of 4-8.
- Elephant Reserve £42pp including return transfers
- Single Supplements - vary by hotel:
Garden Court £59pp per night - standard room
Fancourt £134pp per night - classic room
Simola Knysna £62pp per night - Lagoon facing room
Botlierskop Game Reserve - £159pp per night - luxury tent
Solo golfers, groups and couples and non-golfers are welcomed.
This is what some of our South African regular travellers had to say about South Africa Golf Holidays with Golf to a Tee ....
"I just love going to South Africa ... the scenery, hotels, service, wine, great food, then there are the spectacular golf courses ... I just can't stop going back! When you add in the lovely GTAT clients, plus the care & superb organisation from GTAT - it's simply the best golf holiday you could wish for". Iain S
"Terry & Stephanie add so much to the holiday - the evenings are as important as the golf! How did they find all of these wonderful restaurants & great prices! Then there is the Erinvale hotel, the base for the Cape Town tour, I challenge anyone to find a more welcoming & relaxing hotel" Deborah B
"For me it's such a tonic to leave the UK winter to head off each January/February to South Africa with GTAT. I've been everywhere with them, but their South Africa Golf Holidays are simply the best! The Erinvale & Fancourt hotels are like second homes!". Mike H
"The GTAT schedules have a good mix of golf & time for relaxation & sightseeing - there is so much you will want to do & to see in South Africa. You can arrive early to spend time in Cape Town or stay on after the Garden Route to stay at a Game Reserve & lots more! A tour of South Africa is the most memorable holiday." Alison L